“Tottenham” – the main loser of England? But no, 4 tops had worse series
Man City haven’t won a trophy for 35 years.
The main complaint against Tottenham is the almost empty trophy room. In 2008, the team won the League Cup – and for almost 15 years without new cups.
The network produces memes about an empty closet, and about winning the Audi Cup (a friendly tournament before the season), and Kane is constantly advised to leave the team ( one , two , three ).
But is everything so bad? Here are the series without trophies for the top 6 clubs.
• Only United of the classic Big Six closed series faster – the rest of the periods without trophies lasted longer than the current Tottenham.
• In favor of the title of “loser” only the number of approaches in which the team stopped one step before the victory. Other clubs have a maximum of two, Tottenham – 5.
Since we have already remembered the last Tottenham trophy for this day, let’s tell a little more about it.
This is the way the team went to the League Cup-2008.
• Tottenham newcomer Gareth Bale played the only match in the Cup in 1/16 – the Welshman scored the first goal. By the way, Middlesbrough was coached by a certain Gareth Southgate.
• Tottenham had a change of coach by the 16th round, with Martin Jol starting the tournament but Juande Ramos taking over at the end of October.
• Five different players scored against Arsenal in the second leg: Jermaine Jenas, Robbie Keane, Aaron Lennon, Steed Malbranque and Niklas Bendtner (own goal).
• In general, the variety of scorers is a feature of Tottenham in that tournament: 10 different players (including Bendtner) scored at least a goal, three of them – Jenas, Keane and Malbranque – had a double.
And here is the squad for the final against Chelsea.